Hi Striiv users!
We have been hearing from a lot of you that MyLand is getting to be too easy- you fill all of your islands up way too quickly, and then you have billions of coins and nothing to spend them on!
We are soliciting your ideas- how can we make it more challenging to keep you interested? Big ideas are great for the long run, but we are also interested in small, simple things that we could implement now.
Use this forum to start the conversation...
I filled up all of MyLand a long time ago; these days I use the challenges to get me through a workout on the treadmill (just run another 200 more steps...) I have more than 300M coin and 18M energy, and it would be nice to have something to do with them. I know some folks just rip everything out and start over - or even reset the device and start from scratch - but I like the way I've got everything decorated at the moment so I don't want to do that.
Some ideas for things to do - I don't know whether these are simple or not: add another island that I can fill up with stuff; let me use energy to make some of the current plantings grow bigger; let me buy an egg that I can hatch (using energy) into more wildlife.
Also, I'm running out of trophies. (The big ones.) I'm working on my 7th Mount Everest, but I haven't gotten any trophies since the third one. It's still going to be a while until I get to 5M steps. On the other hand, I'm closing in on 90K minutes, but there was no trophy for 1000 hours and there won't be one for 1500 either. And what about some running trophies - either total steps run this week or all time, or 100 running steps more than yesterday, etc.? I can walk a long way but need more motivation to run!
I've been frustrated with the My Land game for a long time b/c it did seriously motivate me at the beginning but now that it's completely full, it really doesn't anymore.
My ideas for improving:
1) Of course add more islands/space
2) Allow for more fill in building around current items. There always seems to be a ton of empty space that isn't utilized where you could build things, but the program doesn't allow for that.
3) Increase/change challenges. I used to love trying to get more animals but I haven't seen an animal challenge in a year or two I assume b/c I have far too many to even be able to compete in one of the old challenges anymore.
4) One of the reasons that I don't want to wipe everything out is b/c I love all of the animals and so if I destroy certain trees I suspect i'll lose my dragons, but there's only so much space for those trees. If you changed the program so that you didn't lose the animals once the structures were deleted, that would incentivize me at least to build and rebuild grandmother and grandfather trees in order to get more dragons and other hard to get animals.
5) If you could implement a reset button such that yes we lost everything and had to start from scratch with the structures but that it allowed you to get some sort of benefit, that might be a good incentive. Example. If you reset your world after having unlocked all of the islands (perhaps lose all your animals/structures but not all your money and energy) and start over then you earn one gemstone and each gemstone you earn makes it easier for you to unlock a new world once you all finally release one. I don't know - just something that cancels out the problem that I face which is that I don't want to delete everything only to find that you all release a new island in the next week or month and then feel like I'm completely behind the eight ball to get things done on that new world.
6) I find myself incredibly frustrated by having to hit every single coin. One way to make the economy more even might be to provide money sinks like the boxes you can open. I would be willing to pay a certain amount if for every day I could just hit one button and collect all of my money. Or I'd be willing to pay more if I could use my MyLand success to earn more charitable donations, etc. etc. The problem with the current boxes that you can buy is that every single time that I've bought one except one or two it's been a negative thing that's happened, where as any free ones I get are always a positive reward. So I just don't find it rewarding to buy them.
Thanks for creating this post though - I really want to continue to enjoy my striiv so anything you can do to make it better would be awesome!
Dragon?? I have had no mention of a dragon yet...I have 21 of 25 animals, when does it come into play or what tree or building do you have to buy to get the dragon?? I am loving my my land, so far, I am just working up to Turtle Island. I don't think it is too easy so far, it takes me an appropriate amount of time to build up my energy to activate my items, I am currently working on my Grandmother tree.
What else do I have to look forward, and is there somewhere I can go to see what I have in store for me?
no not too easy.worked for 3 days form then broke. app say time to harvest = 0:00:00 but click on it and nothing to harvest been stuck on 0 for over 6 hours now. reboot phone deleted app reinstalled relogged it. still stuck at 0
I cannot even load the game, "loading" icon keeps spinning, and then it exits to main screen. Have not been able to get into the game at all. Running android 4.4.2. I don't know if it because running android or there is a glitch in the system. Any help would be appreciated in getting this to work. Thanks!
Dian, I think you get as the same amount of energy as walking? But glad to see other people also find this frustrating and the lack of information
Hi Gil and Dian, MyLand energy directly correlates with tracked steps at the moment. In the past we did have challenges in place which allow you to earn large amounts of energy after completing a task. We do have plans to re-design challenges and re-introduce them to the app, so stay tuned!
Cannot get my land /striiv app to function at all ... I tap on App, it opens up and then immediately closes. Anyone have this problem and were thye albe to resolve it?
Hi Beverly, judging from your replies to our Facebook page and through email, it sounds like you're using the old Striiv Walkathon app. If that's the case, we have since discontinued the standalone Walkathon app in order to focus our efforts on the Activity Tracker app. Please continue to communicate with us via email and we'll get your questions and concerns sorted out.
Okay- the MyLand app is working well for me & I love my Striiv Band. I am not generally a gamer, but I do find it motivates me enough that I will get up and take a walk specifically to get some needed energy points.
I agree with others that I think it would be more motivational and fun for me if challenges came back (I was not using a Striiv product when they were around before, have only had it a month or so).
Instead of energy or gold bonuses, though, how about bonus items (special animals or plants, etc) that can ONLY be earned by performing "quests" such as meeting your goal 30 days in a row, or earning 10,000 steps for seven days, or whatever.
Again, I am really enjoy my Band and am excited to see what your developers will come up with in the future :) I have been recommend the Striiv products to everyone I know!