Setting up to pair
Preparing to connect to your tracker is the most important step to having a smooth, successful pairing process. Remember to do and check the following:
The tracker is plugged in and charging
The tracker is within 2 inches of the phone/tablet you're attempting to pair with
Your phone or tablet’s WiFi is turned on and connected (or you have a strong cellular data signal)
Your phone or tablet’s Bluetooth is turned on
Your phone or tablet is running on at least Android 4.4 or iOS 8.
Your phone or tablet possesses Bluetooth low energy technology (i.e. Bluetooth 4.0*)
* For Android users, if you’re unsure of your device’s Bluetooth capabilities, check it using BLE Checker.
Many variables can affect the pairing process. If you run into trouble, try these steps:
1. Force quit or close the app
- Android: Within the phone/tablet settings, select Apps or App Manager > Striiv > tap the force close option.
- iOS: double-press the home button at the bottom of the phone/tablet screen, then scroll through apps shown and swipe up on the Striiv app to force quit.
2. Restart your phone or tablet - This is typically done by pressing and holding down the power button, then selecting/swiping to power off. Press and hold the power button once more to turn it back on.
3. Disconnect the tracker from Bluetooth (iOS only) - Within your phone/tablet Bluetooth connection settings, look for a device starting with "Striiv Apex", followed by 4 letters/numbers. Select this device and disconnect it from the Bluetooth.
- Note: Pairing Striiv devices with a phone or tablet can only be done using the Striiv app. Do not attempt to pair the device directly through Bluetooth settings.
4. Factory Reset the device
- If you see time/date on the device: turn on the Apex HR and press the button on the side to scroll to and select settings > swipe up on the screen to reach the factory reset screen , tap the arrow icon to select and tap the check mark to confirm.
- If you see striiv.com/start and a battery icon on the device: plug in/turn on the Apex HR and swipe down on the screen to the screen, then tap and hold to open the tracker menu > swipe up on the screen to reach the factory reset screen , tap the arrow icon to select and tap the check mark to confirm.
If you’re still unable to pair your tracker, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you pair.